Global Diaper Industry

The global diaper market comprised of the baby diaper and the adult diaper. The aggregate diaper market was valued at US$55.78 billion in 2016, up by 7% from US$52.09 billion in 2015. The market value is anticipated to increase up to US$78.58 billion in 2021, as compared to US$59.73 billion in 2017. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.10% over the years 2017 to 2021.​

The global diaper market value is growing because of the increasing infants population, growing purchasing power, increasing awareness about the personal hygiene, global ageing population, increasing incontinence issue, etc.

The global diaper constitute two major segments: Baby diapers and Adult diapers. The baby diaper was the superiority segment, as it captured 82.5% share in 2016. The adult diaper is the other segment in global diaper market with 17.5% share in 2016.​

The global adult diaper market was valued at US$9.8 billion in 2016, increased from US$9.2 billion in 2015. The market value is anticipated to grow up to US$12.8 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 5.58% over the years 2017- 2021, as compared to US$10.3 billion in 2017.​

The market value of adult diaper is expected to increase because of aging population, increasing urbanization, increasing urinary incontinence problem and awareness of treatment methods for urinary incontinence, improving healthcare sector, and increasing hygiene knowledge.​

The market value of the global baby diaper market was US$42.85 billion in 2015 and increased by 7.3% to reach US$46.02 billion in 2016. The market value is expected to reach US$65.76 billion in 2021, as compared to US$49.43 billion in 2017 at a CAGR of 7.40% over 2017-2021 years.​

The growth in market value of baby diapers is expected due to the increasing working population, rising disposable income, broadening urban population, growing infants population, increasing innovation and availability of more eco friendly baby diapers with different size suited for different age group and with variable absorbing tendency and increasing toilet training average age in developed region.​