SIM® significantly simplifies and automates manual continence assessments. By providing accurate and timely information, it has a substantial positive impact on the quality of continence care that is provided to residents which leads to improved quality of life (gracing life). Over the 72 hour (3-day) assessment or 7day assessment period, the continence event data is automatically logged and the carer logs all additional observations via the SIM® assist to provide accurate details of the resident's continence profile.
The information is used to develop an evidence-based Continence Care Plan. This includes a SIM® chart (visual graph of the resident’s bladder pattern, other observations plus a daily events report per assessment day) which is used to determine a toileting assistance program suited to a resident’s continence profile. The next step is to identify the resident’s continence goal to support the toileting assistance program selected that will ensure best health outcomes in reducing Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), Skin irritation and falls. The continence goals take the following into consideration; continence aid selection, appropriate toileting schedule, continence aid changes and other aids. The care plan is implemented and then reviewed as per the Aged Care Facility protocol.
The benefits of SIM® lead to improved accreditation, outcomes in quality of care and quality of life. This then supports the Residential Aged Care Facility, carer and residents in gracing life. Additionally SIM® can generate various management reports to support the Aged Care Facility initial cost benefit analysis and support funding.
Summary of these benefits:
- SIM® is a 21st Century device for aged care facilities focused on highest quality care.
- SIM® automated monitoring process removes the guesswork and subjectivity associated with manual continence assessment.
- SIM® is a user-friendly medical device that sets a new standard in continence assessment and care planning that is evidence-based.
- SIM® Delivers Cost Efficiencies
- SIM® Improves residents’ self-esteem, health and comfort.
- SIM® validates Accreditation/Certification and supports funding.
- SIM® provides the family with comfort that the right care is delivered